Have any question? 03532518153

Welcome To Roman Catholic Diocese of Bagdogra

In the early part of the twentieth century, when the Tea Gardens in the foothills of Darjeeling required labourers, many Adivasis from Chotanagpur migrated to the Terai Plains and gradually settled down there. The Jesuit Fathers from St. Marys College, Kurseong, looked after the spiritual needs of the Adivasi Catholics, quite regularly. The first Station was established at Gayaganga in 1933 by Fr. A Bossaerts, SJ. The area called the Terai (Siliguri sub-division and part of Kurseong sub-division in the district of Darjeeling) was part of the Diocese of Darjeeling which was established in 1962. As the number of Catholics and local vocations increased, and for better care of the Faithful, Pope John Paul II divided the Diocese of Darjeeling, and thus the Diocese of Bagdogra was created on 14th June 1997, with Bishop Thomas DSouza as its first Bishop.

Latest News

What is Lorem Ipsum

09 Feb 2020

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the ...

Learn Now

What is Lorem Ipsum

09 Feb 2020

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the ...

Learn Now
Copyright © Church 2020.All right reserved.Created by Mobotics
Privacy Policy , Terms & Conditions